The point of this brief article is this: The Greater Africa and Middle East are both slowly recreating, with eager helping hand, new colonial foundations for their respective regions, nations and people, while South America & Asia is no longer susceptible to ‘colonial creep’.
What is colonialism? Is the domination with tacit acceptance of the dominated, and always based on the command [by the colonists] of the local political elites [the backbone of the new colonial bureaucracy, that the administrating classes of the colonies]; the Jalili of Libya, Morsi/Shafiq of Egypt, The whoever ends up to be of Syria, Tunisia, etc.
In Middle East, the so-called ‘Arab Spring’, in particularly, the self-proclaimed armed groups of ‘revolutionaries’ are removing their own kind [dictators] for old-new colonists [the west], with tacit approval from these ‘idiots’, and the powerless, [wow, the powerless masses when they outnumbered the colonists and their administrators: reminds one of old colonial practices, where for example, India a country a size of western Europe was commanded by a handful of white-men from Britain of less than 12’000 with an army of local ‘idiots’, I mean administrators).
In Africa, across the continent one state is pitted against another, or set out to undertake their new colonists’ tasks, for examples Kenyans, Burundian, Rwandans and other fighting ‘not their wars’ in Somalia, and now suffering their own internal insecurities (with recent spates of bombings in these states). In Uganda, over 100 US Rangers are commanding elements of Ugandan Army chasing after the Rebels. In Congo, French are at work, In Zimbabwe the usual and Brits, in Mali popular elements are slowly facing counter-attacks with foreign elements, etc. All these made possible with private security——-creating demand, for supply!!!!! (and they say capitalism is a fucked-up system??).
Anyway, some selected headlines of interests:
- ‘I was told Lib Dems would be done over by Murdoch empire’s newspapers if BSkyB bid didn’t go through’ says Vince Cable
- Hollande clamps down on fat-cat pay
- The Enigma 1,800 Miles Below Us
- Surprise Rise of Mubarak Loyalist
- Wasting Time Is New Divide in Digital Era
- Map: indigenous people under threat
- 51 Met racism complaints since April
- BAE Systems to axe 600 jobs
- Firms handing out plum jobs ‘should reveal where staff went to school’
- Security tighter than ever for power players
- For the White House, a Wary Wait as Syria Conflict Boils
- More killings, ultimatum deepen Syria conflict
- UK opera stirs anti-Islam profanity fear
- Russia and China are to challenge Boeing and Airbus as world aircraft leaders
- Obama vetoed Assad assassination attempt
- FBI tracked Assange with the help of LulzSec hackers?
- The Fraught Mobile Politics of Amercia [Sic]
- Job security in Europe: How confident are you? | World news | guardian.co.uk
- British ministers backed Murdoch takeover: inquiry
- Trading at Noon: Wall Street slides, Facebook follows
- Source of a Superpower Old and New China Meet along the Yellow River
- The World from Berlin ‘Only Russia Can Exert Influence on Syria’
- Now You Can Track the Tweets Politicians Tried to Delete
- The mayor, his deputy and THIRTEEN assistants… how Salford’s new leader has failed to cut the cost of running the city with officers for ‘international relations’ and ‘humanegment’
- How to kickstart the UK economy at zero cost to 99% of us
- A CIA Insider Dishes on North Korea, Porn, and What Wolfowitz Was Smoking
- A megaproject transforms Kenya — but not everyone is thrilled | Transitions
- Why Asian-Americans Have the Worst Long-Term Joblessness
- Mexican youth protest corporate media
- Kosovo Serbs and NATO troops clash in tense north
- Russia wary of permanent US military bases in Afghanistan
- Vlad Putin, Action Man